Southeast Advocates for Employment Inc. is a service designed to integrate individuals
with employment barriers into independent competitive employment settings.
Our vision is, ‘empowerment through inclusion.’
Benefits to our participants:
• Access to employment options
• Assistance with career planning and skill development
• Assistance with job searching, including resume writing, interview techniques and
• Enhances independence and self sufficiency
• Referrals to funding and support agencies
Southeast Newcomer Services is committed to supporting newcomers by providing
information, referrals to English classes, language assessments and appropriate
community and government resources to people arriving in Southeast Saskatchewan.
The SNS works collaboratively with community organizations to ensure that newcomers
can access community services in a timely manner.
SWIS stands for Settlement Workers In Schools. SWIS is a school-based outreach
program that aims at helping newcomer students and their families settle in their
schools and communities. It seeks to promote integration by bringing cultural
awareness and understanding.